Are you an expat living in France?
Learn about Assurance Vie – the only tax-efficient way for you to invest
Discover how to make huge savings on tax and protect your wealth in France with this Assurance Vie Guide.
Assurance Vie is the only way to protect and build personal capital for France residents – both French nationals and Expats – in a tax efficient manner. It benefits from a highly advantageous legal and tax status and can be fully adapted to meet your financial objectives. Assurance Vie is also an ideal way to supplement retirement income with advantageous tax conditions.
In our guide, you can discover the key tax protection benefits of Assurance Vie for residents in France. These include:
Tax Free Growth – Build Up Capital
- Investments grow free of French Income and Capital Gains Tax
Tax Free / Tax Efficient Withdrawals
- After 8 years, no tax is payable on Capital Gains up to the annual allowance. The annual allowance is 9 200 EUR for married couples and 4 600 EUR for individuals.
After 8 years, Income Tax is reduced to 7.5% on amounts above the annual allowance
- Only the growth element is taxable if you choose to withdraw within the first 8 years, and the rate is very favourable.
- There is no limit on the amount that can be invested.
Leave an Inheritance
- Succession law does not apply to Assurance Vie, so it allows you to pass on additional capital to your chosen beneficiaries.
- Regardless of when you made your payments to the policy, your capital will be passed to your surviving spouse or partner free of tax.
- It is possible to pass on up to 152 500 EUR entirely tax free to each child beneficiary. This is in addition to the usual direct line allowance under French inheritance law (151 950 EUR).
- You can elect to denominate your investment in any major currency.
- Investment options are fully aligned to your risk profile with exclusive access to Forth Capital’s award-winning, passively managed, low-cost, fully diversified investment strategies.
What’s the next step? Download your guide here to find out more details and the answers to all your questions about the extensive benefits of the Assurance Vie.