Are You an Expat Living in France?
Learn About Assurance Vie – the Only Tax-Efficient Way for You to Invest
With Assurance Vie, it is possible to make huge savings on tax and protect your wealth; we’ll show you how with this Assurance Vie guide.
Assurance Vie is the only way to protect and build personal capital for residents of France – both French nationals and expats – in a tax-efficient manner. It benefits from a highly advantageous legal and tax status and can be fully adapted to meet your financial objectives when managed correctly. Assurance Vie is also an ideal way to supplement retirement income with advantageous tax conditions.
In our guide, you can discover the key tax protection benefits of Assurance Vie for residents in France. These include:
- Tax-free growth – build up capital.
- Investments grow free of French income and capital gains tax.
- Tax-free/tax-efficient withdrawals.
- After eight years, no tax is payable on capital gains up to the annual allowance. The annual allowance is EUR 9,200 for married couples and EUR 4,600 for individuals.
- After eight years, income tax is reduced to 7.5 per cent on amounts above the annual allowance.
- Only the growth element is taxable if you choose to withdraw within the first eight years, and the rate is very favourable.
- There is no limit on the amount that can be invested.
Leaving an Inheritance
Succession law does not apply to Assurance Vie, so it allows you to pass on additional capital to your chosen beneficiaries. Regardless of when you made your payments to the policy, your capital will be passed on to your surviving spouse or partner free of tax.
It is possible to pass on up to EUR 152,500 entirely tax-free to each child beneficiary. This is in addition to the usual direct line allowance under French inheritance law (EUR 151,950).
You can elect to denominate your investment in any major currency.
Investment options are fully aligned to your risk profile with exclusive access to Forth Capital’s award-winning, passively managed, low-cost, fully diversified investment strategies.
What’s the next step? Download our guide to find out more details and the answers to all your questions about the extensive benefits of the Assurance Vie.